- 5 1/2 - 7 1/2 cups; 1-inch bread cubes
- 7 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup Mrs. Miller's Pumpkin Butter
- 3-4 Tbsp brown sugar for topping
- optional: Nuts, like pecan or walnuts
1. Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes and place in a 9x13 greased pan until pretty full.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, pumpkin butter and pie spice until well combined. Pour over bread and push down with a spoon or your hands until it's all soaked and mostly covered. Cover with saran wrap or lid and refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, uncover and top with brown sugar, additional pumpkin pie spice and nuts (optional). Bake for 35-45 minutes or golden brown and no longer wet.
4. Serve immediately with maple syrup or honey. Store leftovers in the refrigerator covered for up to a couple days.
This is great made the night before or in the morning.